One of the hardest part of this move was leaving my job. For the past three years I have been apart of something great at Riley Hospital for Children. I worked for the Child Life Department as a Child Life Specialist in many different areas. I am so greatful for being apart of this group. My friends at Riley are my family, and I will take a piece of them with me whereever I go. I have learned so much from them, and they have truly changed my life. My Riley family supported me through some hard times, and continued to provide love and support during the up and the downs of the past three years. I have grown personally and professionally throughout my years at Riley. It was an amazing first job. This job change my persepctive on life because working in a high stress environment you learned a lot about families, love, grief, and celebrating the small things. It restored my belief in faith and hope. It taught me to appreciate the moment because the future is unknown.
My co-workers did an amazing job supporting me that past couple of months with Chris being gone. My last couple of days at work, my co-workers did so many wonderful things for me. They had a going away party for me. They built me a bird house, and provided me with great going away gifts. September 2nd was my last day, saying goodbye was very hard, but I know there is something amazing ahead for Chris and I. I drove to Minnesota that same day, which might have been a bad idea. I finally had to pull over and fix my contacts because they were all fogged up! Each day I wake up, fix my bowl of oatmeal and read a special note from my co-workers! It's something that I look forward to everyday! Thank you everyone!
I got a funny reminder of work the other day when I was doing laundry. My black pants had resin rock all over the bottom of them. That might be one things I won't miss!
Thank you Riley Child Life!!!
My co-workers did an amazing job supporting me that past couple of months with Chris being gone. My last couple of days at work, my co-workers did so many wonderful things for me. They had a going away party for me. They built me a bird house, and provided me with great going away gifts. September 2nd was my last day, saying goodbye was very hard, but I know there is something amazing ahead for Chris and I. I drove to Minnesota that same day, which might have been a bad idea. I finally had to pull over and fix my contacts because they were all fogged up! Each day I wake up, fix my bowl of oatmeal and read a special note from my co-workers! It's something that I look forward to everyday! Thank you everyone!
I got a funny reminder of work the other day when I was doing laundry. My black pants had resin rock all over the bottom of them. That might be one things I won't miss!
Thank you Riley Child Life!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment